Monday, November 2, 2009

Does Flour+ Egg+ Water= Cake?

No, "Flour+ Egg+ Water does not equal a cake". Many people can comprehend this statement, yet they still believe that "Good Grades+ Degree+ Well paid Job= Success in life", which is exactly the same thing as the formula for making cake.

Many a time i hear my mom quote," Son, you must study hard and get a good job to be successful in life so that you wouldn't be looked down by others". As a child i just took her advice at face value and did my best to follow that principal, however as i grow older, i beginning to doubt those words... Will having a good grade guarantee me a job? which is more important? a well paid job or a high level of satisfaction job?

As i approach closer and closer to joining the work force soon. I began to think of this issue more... What is it i really want to do with my life? Do i want to continue study to be at par with everybody's qualification or is working experience and soft skills more valuable in the workforce. I had my life planned to the point where i will graduate from a higher learning institution, but after that, What next?

Pondering on his questions;
G-devil

No comments: